Onions, Garlic, Honey, and Oil As Cough And Sore Throat Remedy
You can use onions and honey for cough medicine. Honey for sore throat. Also mix garlic and olive oil for a foot-rub-cold-fighting mixture. This video shows you how:
Here is the onion/honey cough medicine remedy:
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and thinly sliced.
- Honey, preferably Manuka honey (FYI: Manuka Honey is the best honey to use for therapeutic purposes because it's healing properties are stable and are not effected by light, heat or dilution. Standard honey can lose its effectiveness when it is heated by warm tea or diluted by bodily fluids. Standard honey gets its healing properties from the presence of hydrogen peroxide. However, Manuka Honey has additional antibacterial components that add to its effectiveness.)
- 1 glass jar slightly larger than the onion with a lid.
- Place the sliced and peeled onion into the glass jar, tightly packed.
- Cover with honey and close lid.
- Let sit overnight. The onions will become dry as the honey extracts the onion juices out.
- Remove the onion left-overs.
- Keep refrigerated. Take as needed for cough.
- Typical dose is 1 tablespoon for children under 6 and 2 tablespoons for 6 years and older. (DO NOT give honey to children under the age of 1.)
Use honey straight for sore throat.
Gargle with salt for sore throat.
Garlic and Olive Oil Foot Rub
When you are sick, or your kids are sick you want the effects of garlic without actually consuming the garlic.
Garlic is great for the lungs. This is a great way to fight bacterial infections. It also enhances your immune system and fights viruses at the same time.
This is the recipe refered to in the video.
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced (cut in small pieces)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 glass jar with a lid.
- Place the chopped garlic into the glass jar.
- Cover with olive oil and close lid.
- Let sit for around 30 minutes. (the goal is to fuse the oil and the garlic). You could heat the 2 for faster results.
- Apply the oil from the mixture to the feet.
- Cover the feet with socks (so the bed doesn't get all greasy).
- You'll probably wake up with garlic breath, so you know it's working.
Miso for Colds
Use some Miso is your soup. Miso is “a delicious all purpose, high-protein seasoning which has played a major role in Japanese culture and cuisine for centuries. It is most often made from a combination of soybeans, cultured grain, and sea salt by a unique fermentation process, which was elevated to a state of fine craftsmanship in traditional Japan.
Miso offers a nutritious balance of natural carbohydrates, essential oils, minerals, vitamins, and protein of the highest quality, containing all of the essential amino acids.
Chicken Broth for Colds
Good ole chicken soup is good for colds. Why? Read this article put out by CNN to find our why.
Tomorrow is all about "relaxing".
If you haven't had a chance to check out the Herbal Medicine Making Kit,
I urge you to do so now. It's the most complete system (and easiest to follow) Herbal Medicine Making Kit avaialable today!
Check out Herbal Medicine Making Kit Today!